Set Your Own Hours
Drive when you want where you want and earn extra money.
Earn as much as you like.
We have industry leading training programs and driver support personnel.
Considering a Career as a Taxi Driver?
If you are a “people person” with a great driving record, this is the job for you! You can make it a career by driving full-time, or supplement your income by driving part-time.
- must be a minimum of 22 years of age
- a valid class 1, 2, or 4 licence
The first step in the process is collecting the required documentation. See the section below "Step 1- Collecting Documentation". Once you have your information collected the next step is to set up a meeting to present the information. See the section below "Contact us to Set Up Appointment".
For complete details please download our Driver Application and Training Procedure checklist.
Once your information has been submitted and reviewed the following steps will be arranged for completion. Once completed you will receive your driver ID and you'll be ready to go.
- City Knowledge Exam
- Road Test
- Courses for new drivers, defencing driving, orientation and computer training.
Step 1- Collecting Documentation
The first stage is to collect and present the following documentation with your application.
1. Alberta Driver’s License – Class 1, 2, or 4 required. For more information aquiring a licence please visit the Government of Alberta website here.
2. Social Insurance number: ONLY a government issued document with this number and your name displayed will be accepted.
3. GST Number - If you don't have a GST number please visit the Government of Canada GST application webpage.
4. Claims Experience Letter(s) MINIMIUM of Three (3) YEARS claims history, with no gap in coverage.
- From your Insurance Company and/or Previous Employer
- Canadian insurance coverage is the ONLY history that will be considered.
5. Current FIVE(5) YEAR Alberta Driver’s Abstract
- NOT dated more than 30 days old.
- CANNOT contain any of the following violations:
- Driving while intoxicated / impaired
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while under suspension
- Careless driving, or without due care and attention
- Must NOT have over 5 current demerits or 4 convictions within the past 3 years.
6. Police Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Check - NOT dated more than 60 days old and as per the City of Edmonton, Vehicle for Hire Bylaw.
7. Completion of Driver Application Form – work history, minimum 5 (Five) years that can be confirmed or provide your resume.
Please download the form here. After you have filled out and signed the form please bring this form and the additional documentation in the section to Greater Edmonton Taxi. For your convenience please complete the form on the right and send to us so we might arrange an appointment.
Contact Us to Set Up Appointment
After collecting your documentation please complete this form and send to us so we might arrange a time to review your documentation.